GODS IN COVERS

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD By Harper Lee

This story happens in a southern town in USA during the 1930's. Scout finch lives with her father, a widowed lawyer  by the name Atticus, her brother Jem.
In the first part they meet a new friend, Dill Harris during their summer. They are trying to discover their neighbor and who he is.
The tale discusses how her beliefs and ideas about people change as she goes through her life experiences.

Her father tells her "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it".
This book makes me think deeply of my beliefs of the world around me and it changes the perspective.
Here are some quotes from the book,
" Until I feared I would loose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."
" I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in hos hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."
" People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for"
"Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts"
" I was born good but have progressively grown worse every year"

Read this great piece of literature you can learn some great lessons.

To buy TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD on AMAZON click HERE

Please leave your comments....

No comments:

Post a Comment